• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Guide A start job is running for /dev/mapper/cryptswap (** / no limit) -- Workaround

bgf

Jul 21, 2019
After experiencing this error consistently with three consecutive baremetal installs on a Dell 9570, both with encryption and without, I have found a solution that works for me. I had tried modifying /etc/crypttab and adding nofail to /etc/fstab as per some instructions but I only created more errors. In the end I solved it for me with a single modification to /etc/fstab adding a short device-timeout option to the /dev/mapper entry. Like so:

/dev/mapper/cryptswap none swap x-systemd.device-timeout=5 0 0

Last edited:

smd3

May 11, 2019
I'm having the same issues, my Lemur fails to boot, waiting on cryptswap. I found this traffic on github that suggests that the issue has been resolved and the package patched, but I still seem to be having this issue.

I'm using Pop 19.04.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
@smd3, are you asking about a fix? (See above) Or just adding to the discussion? I don't see any actual questions, but it looks like you inferred one.

smd3

May 11, 2019
Is that a fix, or a work-around? I wanted to point out that the maintainers seem to have instituted a fix, however it may not be effective for everyone. I'm not sure how to check if the package referenced in the Git discussion is updated on my system.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Aha! Ok, you're right to differentiate.

@mmstick, Is that update still in proposed?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beatsbury