• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

[BLOG ARTICLE] Canon Pixma ip8720

Gnuserland

Jul 2, 2019
write.snopyta.org
New article on my blog... Just my personal disadventure a with a Canon printer

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Thanks Gnuserland, that's interesting and helpful. I'm sure people can adapt your info to get their own printers working too. Along with the System76 printer doc, people should be able to get printers up and running. Sometimes there's a difficult case for Linux peripherals, so as much info as we can get is necessary.

Reactions: Gnuserland

Gnuserland

Jul 2, 2019
write.snopyta.org
I landed on the official documentation after I already added the user to lpadmin... I used to have this setup already available on Debian, I didn't know that Ubuntu doesn't add the user to the lpadmin by default anymore...
I mean... this is pretty weird, from a side they want doing a distro desktop oriented where nobody needs to use the CLI and the from the other side to install a printer you need to add the user and install the proper drivers from CLI, obviuosly... However that guide doesn't treat Canon. Actually I didn't know that Canon had so bad support on Linux...

Anyway I fixed a lot of typos and errors... 😅

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reclusivescavenger