• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Bring back the orange!

wrhgw

Oct 24, 2019
I was really fond of the orange accent colour of Pop OS until 19.04. Since 19.10 there is an odd mixture of orange and teal. Is there an updated official theme with only the orange colour as before?
Thanks!

isantop

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 20, 2018
The orange was hard to maintain because the active list item is given a .selected style class, which is the same as for things like selected text, icons, etc. That effectively means that every single sidebar has to have the orange hardcoded in manually, and it was easy for things not to line up. With the new theme base for 19.10 the decision was made to focus the orange on binary (on-off) controls like checkboxes and switches, and to provide contextual information (like the active submenu in the System menu as well as the underline for the active top-bar button.

wrhgw

Oct 24, 2019
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I can live with it now when I understand the logic.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krige