• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Clean install with two hardrive

carafife

Jul 2, 2019
Hello, during a clean install, can we choose to put the / on a hard drive and the / home on another? My laptop has a ssd that I dedicate to the system and a hard drive sata that I reserve for the / home

carafife

Jul 2, 2019
Cool! So if I understand correctly, I can redo an install over the existing clean installation without losing my data?

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Technically there's no reason to do a reinstall if all you're doing is to move a directory to a different partition. You're free to copy the files over to the new partition, and then edit the /etc/fstab file to point to the new location, remove the files on the current partition, and reboot.

carafife

Jul 2, 2019
Yes, it's true. I just wanted to know if it was possible. Thank you so much for your response so fast! ;-)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8bg