• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Question Guide Beginner Could Not Install (Installing Pop!_OS 20.04 failed, possibly due to a hardware error...)

abhirampjayan

Dec 5, 2020
Trivandrum
I am using Ubuntu 20.04 and Windows 10 in dual boot. I tried to install POP OS 20.04 by removing partitions of ubuntu. I gave /boot (2gb), /home (120gb) ,root (120gb) and swap (8gb). but while installing it showing Installing Pop!_OS 20.04 failed, possibly due to a hardware error... I when I checked BIOS it showing ubuntu's bootloader still in there. I thing its due to grub problem. I attached error log with this. please help me... How to fix it??

Attachments

Last edited:

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Check this article for common errors. However, if you have a UEFI installation, I can see that you're going to have trouble. Pop is not a drop in replacement fro Ubuntu. They use different partitions and bootloaders.

tristan07

Nov 1, 2020
Installing Ubuntu 20.04 on my laptop is also a kind of "Mission". I have to install it on safe graphics mode otherwise it just fail (first time this happen i installed this distro so many times last 10 years).
I haven't encounter this trouble with POP_OS from clean install.
I guess the article from derpOmattic could help.
good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denis_vasconcelos