• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Question Solved Dual-Boot option

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Can you supply a screen shot of your partition scheme from Gparted.
Also show the contents of Pop's EFI. First use sudo -i. Then cd /boot/efi/EFI. Then ls. Copy the entries to here. Type exit to close the administrative prompt.

sauravkarmakar

Jun 3, 2020
Can you supply a screen shot of your partition scheme from Gparted.
Also show the contents of Pop's EFI. First use sudo -i. Then cd /boot/efi/EFI. Then ls. Copy the entries to here. Type exit to close the administrative prompt.
128GB SSD (Windows 10)
1591252227107.png

1TB HDD (Pop OS!)
1591252186120.png

Contents of POP EFI!

BOOT Linux Pop_OS-7e967a5b-498a-4038-bf09-3ba15589c3a6 systemd

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Aha, I see. The instructions to copy the EFI into Pop's is for a dual boot scenario where both OS are on the one drive. What you need to do is either use the machine's EFI boot menu, or install rEFInd in Pop. refind is in Pop's repo, so installs with apt.

sauravkarmakar

Jun 3, 2020
Aha, I see. The instructions to copy the EFI into Pop's is for a dual boot scenario where both OS are on the one drive. What you need to do is either use the machine's EFI boot menu, or install rEFInd in Pop. refind is in Pop's repo, so installs with apt.
It worked!! Thanks!

But there is a new problem now when I plug in my earphones no sound is coming through them. What o do?
1591257321061.png

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Nice. You can use sudo alsactl store while it is in a good state. Then you can use sudo alsactl restoreif necessary.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nazar2sfive