• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Dual monitor thread: Document your success, fixes and woes.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
I wanted to extend my laptop screen a bit so I bought a super cheap LG22MPS58 monitor. I'm absolutely amazed and relieved it just plugged-and-played with a HDMI. I had to adjust the color, brightness and contrast a bit to match the laptop but otherwise it all "just works".

mrlemonyfresh

Apr 23, 2019
had no problem setting up my 1080p AOC monitors, apart from not being able to map my wacom cintiq 12wx screen input onto other screens.

PC Specs:

Last edited:

BENdage

May 28, 2019
I have 3 x 1440p monitors here on my desktop with a gtx 1070 and it just worked. All I did was change the order of them and change which one was the main monitor but everything was prefect from install.

bgf

Jul 21, 2019
I just got an Aten UH3230 USB C dual monitor dock and it's lovely. Doesn't use Displaylink drivers, just works perfectly.
Also supplies high power. .

lcdguy

Jun 24, 2020
Hello All,

so I recently tried out pop_os but ran into an issue with my multi monitor setup which is a deal breaker for me. Not sure if i just missed a setting or if i am trying to run a configuration that is un-supported. Here is my monitor setup.

Main Monitor: 32" 4k in landscape Connected via DP
Left side Monitor: 24" 1080p in portrait connected via DP MST
Right side monitor: 24" 1080p in portrait connected via DP MST
Top monitor: 24" 1080p in landscape connected via HDMI
Graphics Card: GTX 1070

Any thoughts or ideas to try would be appreciated.

linux_noob

Jun 30, 2020
i use Plugable (for usb 3.0) as a centralized hub - you need to install DisplayLink driver for Linux, but so far works like a charm. my setup: two monitors plugged into the hub, and my laptop underneath.

(primary reason i've recently switched to PopOS - all screens would freeze up randomly on Windows 10)

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ubu