• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Intermediate Entire Operating System randomly "crashing"

ducky

Sep 9, 2021
I have just installed Pop!_OS as my main operating system, so far it's been great except for one issue. So, the issue is, the display goes black, mouse, keyboard lights turn off and the entire system is unresponsive(this happens seemingly at random, but I have noticed that it usually happens at around 1:30-2 hours of uptime) and I have to force restart my computer.
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
GPU - AMD RX 470 8GB(Sapphire)
RAM - 4GB DDR4(I don't know the speed, but i think its 2400mhz)
Display - ASUS VA24D, 1920x1080@60hz
Update: I have found a link between when I play CSGO and when it happens. So, I have found out that it has not crashed a single time when I was playing CSGO, only like 5-10 minutes after quitting, so there's that.
Update Nr.2: Can someone please reply? This issue is unbearable!

Last edited:

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Check the logs to see any errors. Use journalctl -b 0 to see logs from the current boot. Use journalctl -b 0 | grep error to see errors only. You could also have a terminal already open and watch the log with journalctl -f.

ducky

Sep 9, 2021
Check the logs to see any errors. Use journalctl -b 0 to see logs from the current boot. Use journalctl -b 0 | grep error to see errors only. You could also have a terminal already open and watch the log with journalctl -f.
I can't even get past the lockscreen now it's doing it so fast after boot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ducky