• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

External monitor on displayport didn't wake up ...

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
Some time ago I put on some tunes from YT and locked the screen while did something else. All was good and sounds flowed like they should have ...

But alas! When I sat down in front of my Onyx and tickled it a little to let me log in, external monitor never woke up. I tried to juggle a little and not even close. Dunno what happened but now my monitor just says "no signal".

Connected with hdmi and here I am writing this. Quite interesting this is, yes?

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
We see this problem, or something similar, every now and then. It usually fixes with a reboot or even just to unplug and re-plug the HDMI.

Possibly of help is the System76 article on HiDPI multi-monitor support.

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
reboot or even just to unplug and re-plug the HDMI.
Except this happened on display port. As stated in the title of this thread. After I rebooted and fooled around I finally tried hdmi and it works for now. But display port is not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8bg