• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Gaming on Linux Pop!_Os

bradleywessels

Jul 4, 2020
I switched from windows 10 dealing with several issues to Pop!_Os and It's been smooth. I'm loving linux but I'm a gamer and I've followed tutorials on how to install wine and proton on steam and lutris and my games aren't running I know that its not guaranteed that my games will start but non of them even launch I'd expect at least 1 to start.

I thought I made a mistake so I clean installed and followed another video and It still didn't work.

I just would like to know if I'm doing anything wrong or if there's anything else I should install ?

Links to the videos I watched

bradleywessels

Jul 4, 2020
What games are you attempting to play?
If they use Easy AntiCheat, you will not be able to play them as all the games that currently use it are not working.

I would recommend searching your games here: https://www.protondb.com/
That will give you an idea if your games work or not.

I'm trying to start No mans sky i saw a youtuber play it but mine just starts , says processing vulkan shaders and then closes and validates and it does that with all my games only games I can play are linux supported

blakeridgway

Aug 7, 2019
Oklahoma City, OK
I'm trying to start No mans sky i saw a youtuber play it but mine just starts , says processing vulkan shaders and then closes and validates and it does that with all my games only games I can play are linux supported
When you start Lutris does it through you a message saying Vulkan something something isn't installed?

Hunter_White

Jun 23, 2020
I am having a similar problem but with Divinity 2 Developer's cut. I click launch in steam and it just says preparing to launch and I guess it gets stuck on a loop in the coding. The launcher never launches and I am getting ready to switch back to windows. I have never had so many issues trying to play games like this before. Please did say it worked for them in the proton but they are on Arch Linux and Ubuntu 18.04. Please advise. I also don't know what info yall need from me. I am brand new to the linux field. I forgot to mention that wine will not show up in my menus once I download it from popos store. Not sure what that is about.

TeamLinux01

May 5, 2019
Which version of Pop!_OS did you install? Was it 20.04 LTS Nvidia?

If you install the vulkan-utils package and run vulkaninfo, it should tell you the version of vulkan running on the system.

sudo apt install vulkan-utils
vulkaninfo | head

Hunter_White

Jun 23, 2020
Yes, that is correct about the OS version. Also I got a new job that requires me to have windows 10 on my pc so I had to switch back to windows.......complete sad tearing face....... lol thanks for the help anyways.

TeamLinux01

May 5, 2019
I hope all goes well in your job endeavors.
If you ever want to try to have Pop!_OS and Windows 10 on the same machine, I highly suggest installing another SSD/Hard drive into the machine and installing each OS on their own disk.
While I find Windows 10 to be useful and needed for most of my PC gaming, I personally prefer to do all my other tasks in Pop!_OS and sometimes it is hard to have multiple computers for such things.

Things just seems to get better with time, so don't give up entirely on learning.

Hunter_White

Jun 23, 2020
Oh I do have 4 hard drives on my pc. 3 for windows (8tb for games, 1 256gb m.2 for windows) and the 4th tb is a hybrid. I accidentally ordered a hybrid. I thought it was an ssd. I was halfway correct. So 9.256tb overall. Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonzenith