• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Guide Beginner getting bluetooth to work > no devices found

Muthy

Sep 21, 2020
Heyho,

Installed the OS 2 days ago and pretty happy so far. My Notebook won't find any bluetooth devices though, although it is turned on. Using the documentation found on https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Bluetooth/Einrichtung/ i did this till now:

Code:
dmesg | grep bluetooth
-> returns:
[ 16.795171] bluetooth hci0: Direct firmware load for brcm/BCM43142A0-0489-e062.hcd failed with error -2

the link suggests the firmware is missing and i should download it and add it. so i downloaded BCM43142A0-0489-e062.hcd from the repository given on the ubuntu website and moved it to lib/firmware/bcrm/BCM.hdi using the line
Code:
sudo mv ~/Downloads/BCM43142A0-0489-e062.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM.hcd
and restarted.

Moving the file seems to have worked as the file isn't found in Downloads anymore. Bluetooth however still won't find a device and entering the line
Code:
dmesg | grep bluetooth
still returns the same error.

Now i am not quite sure what to do cause the website suggests it should be good to go now. I hope somebody can help me out here.

Muthy

Sep 21, 2020
Try having a look at the System76 documentation.
i had a look up there but this stuff didn't quite help me. tlp isn't installed on my device and my bluetooth isn't soft-/hardblocked either. I also installed this blueman manager but the result didn't change.

I am not sure but i think the problem lies within "hci0: Direct firmware load for brcm/BCM43142A0-0489-e062.hcd failed with error -2" when entering
Code:
dmesg | grep bluetooth
i just have no clue what to do now. I've got the firmware downloaded and i put it where it belongs. Error still persists though...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denis_vasconcelos