• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Solved gnome-control-center segfault

VentGrey

Dec 7, 2020
Guanajuato, México
upvent.codes
Trying to set the red-light night thingy from gnome-control-center -> screens/monitor causes the app to segfault and be unable to be re-launched from the menu.

I was able to make it run again by typing gsettings set org.gnome.ControlCenter last-panel '', however repeating the "screens" step makes the system crash again. I don't know if this might be related but here is the console output:

Code:
(gnome-control-center:77432): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:39:52.609: gtk_container_add: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
Segmentation Fault
🤔 Any Ideas on why is this happening or how can I debug to a deeper level the settings app?

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Not sure I'm following where that is exactly. I'm looking at 20.04 and 20.10. Can you provide a larger context, a bigger screen capture to show where you're seeing that?

VentGrey

Dec 7, 2020
Guanajuato, México
upvent.codes
Well, this seemed trange to me, as I've only updated, but yesterday my night light stopped working and I was like 🙃 . So I decided to go in here:

1607841034805.png

However when I click the "Screen" option ("Pantallas") the control center just closes. Trying to run in from a terminal just results in the code I pasted up there. I tried installing `coredumpctl` but I've got no useful information apart from it trying to access restricted memory spaces.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Oh, from that left menu. You don't even get into the "Screen Display" window. I have no trouble with the default, so I'm wondering if that is input specific. I'll poke around and see if it is a known issue. In the meantime, you could have a terminal open running journalctl -f, which will show you what's happening while you're clicking on it.
If the output is too much, you can limit it with --level or -p for priority.

journalctl -k -p 3 -f

The -k flag adds kernel messages, like dmesg output. The priority of 3 is "errors", and -f is following the output. If you know the PID or service name, we can modify the log parameters.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpian555