• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Hello fellow users...!

MrQuinn

Apr 25, 2019
Great Northwest USA
Having used Linux since Redhat / Fedora Core was in diapers... then moving on to Ubuntu & eventually Mint / Cinnamon... Now after my latest new laptop purchase system76 Oryx Pro I am enjoying yet another distro, Pop!_OS and boy does it ever snap along on that platform. I am impressed with making my new machine an instant hit! I still have a Lenovo Mint machine for the day to day routine things but will be using the new Birthday Present to me as the daily driver!

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Great news 😄 If there's anything we can do to make your experience better, we'll try to get that into Pop!_OS. The Linux desktop is our only focus.

Reactions: MrQuinn

MrQuinn

Apr 25, 2019
Great Northwest USA
Great news 😄 If there's anything we can do to make your experience better, we'll try to get that into Pop!_OS. The Linux desktop is our only focus.
Now that you mention it... I like the running apps bar on the right side of the screen. But, how do you do multiple desk tops or can can you?

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
By multiple desktops, do you mean workspaces? When in the overview, you can click on a workspace on the right, or drag windows from the overview to a workspace to move it to that workspace. You may also use `Super` + `Up` / `Down` to alternate between workspaces with the keyboard.

MrQuinn

Apr 25, 2019
Great Northwest USA
So is there a limit of just 3 workspaces or can I add another? I was used to moving the mouse to the edge of the screen and off to the next "workspace" but this is a change I would love to see... virtual desktop if it isn't in the works already. Scrolling up or down as opposed to sideways too... ;) Thank you for your time.

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
There are unlimited workspaces. When applications are moved to a new workspace, then an additional workspace is created. There are shell extensions that you can install to change the behavior of workspaces.

MrQuinn

Apr 25, 2019
Great Northwest USA
Awesome, I like this OS more and more... There are shell extensions that you can install to change the behavior of workspaces ?

Thanks again for your time!

Last edited:

MrQuinn

Apr 25, 2019
Great Northwest USA
Thanks for the link. I'm at work so windoze is not a valid OS... "We cannot detect a running copy of GNOME on this system" o_O When I get home tonight... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shroomster