• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Hello Pop OS Users and Developers! :)

supermelon

Dec 1, 2019
Poland
I'm long time Linux user (pretty old and geeky one, to be honest). I'm software architect and developer, all my work/play is done under Linux, for many years.

I've been watching Pop OS for some time - and finally, with my new laptop - I've switched to it for good.
Initially, I wasn't happy to see another Ubuntu based distro - but Pop OS does so many things right, I couldn't resist :)

The newest laptop is Dell XPS 15 with OLED display. This hardware is a bit stubborn with most of Linux distros, even Pop OS had to be heavily adjusted to make all working as I wanted to. But the final result is great: I have all the components working (except for the fingerprint reader, which I don't care for). Battery life is improved thanks to great Pop OS Nvidia handling and hybrid modes, OLED 'backlight' is working, etc etc.

Speed which I can enjoy every day at work is worth all the effort. Laptop was sold with bloated Windows, that gave me very short and painful experience.

If anyone is interested how to configure XPS 15 (7590) - just drop me a message - I'll be happy to share my thoughts.
Anyway - I'm happy to join the Pop OS community

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Hi supermelon, welcome to the Pop!_Planet forum.

I'm glad you're enjoying Pop, and it's good to hear about your success with the Dell XPS 15. That model has been responsible for a lot of support requests, so any information on it would be appreciated by the community. If you wanted to put a guide together that outlined the steps you took, people could make use of it - and you wouldn't be repeating yourself every time someone bugs you with a XPS problem. ;)

If you were to make that guide, it could be just a basic outline / info thing. At least it will be archived and searchable here.

Alternatively, if you'd like to share that around different sites, we have an author / editor / publisher who could help polish the article for you professionally.

supermelon

Dec 1, 2019
Poland
Hey derpOmattic, that's great idea, I was actually thinking about publishing post somewhere about 'my way' for XPS 15 set up to help others with that beast.

I'll try to put something together and put here - I you find that usable, you'll publish that further.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knussear