• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Hello!

whiis

Mar 23, 2019
Boston, MA
Hey guys! I'm whiis (or kev, whichever is fine:)) I'm a ~11 year macOS user who's dabbled with linux before (Mint and Ubuntu) and has finally decided to make the switch. I ran Ubuntu on my 2012 rMBP for a few months, learned about Pop!_OS and decided to give it a try. I fell in love immediately and quickly realized the major shortcomings to a closed ecosystem like Apple's. For me, it just wasn't working anymore. I recently picked up a Darter Pro from System76 and I'm on day 2 of usage, so far so good!

I learned about this new community from Reddit, and I really think System76/Pop!_OS have an incredible shot at bringing Linux to a much wider audience. As consumers, we need more options. The market is being dumbed down to just a few major competitors and as privacy and security grow in desirability, not many (if any at all) of these competitors are distributing products that meets the needs of users. I'd love to play a part in helping more people learn about this wonderful OS and hopefully by participating on this site I'll be able to contribute!

A bit about me: I love gaming, cycling, reading, and programming. I work as an IT consultant at the moment and I'm building the skills to transition to a Ruby on Rails developer role. I'm a pretty big Anime guy and I'm definitely team tea > coffee.

Feel free to get in touch!

Cheers.

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
Welcome to the whatever you want to call it :)

I find Pop!_OS quite interesting thingie in the toyNIX ecosystem, since it seem to gather new users from windows/mac OS as well as oldtimer UNIX users, for some reason Ubuntu/Mint and such haven't resonate that well nor did any other distros for that matter.

As a old BSD guy myself I have never felt as relaxed with any of these GNU infested systems before. But one grows old and don't feel the urge to tinker everything-always-allthetime. Sometimes it's so fine to kliketi-klik and things just works :D

What ever it is, I'll dig it!

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
I can dig it! ;)

Hi and welcome Whiis, I'm a long time mac user also if you want to discuss anything related to the change-over.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shroomster