• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Hi everyone, my name is Benji, a new user of linux OS and POP_OS from Microsoft Windows

benji

Nov 17, 2019
Hi POP_Planet,

Just wanted to formally introduce myself. My name Is Benji and I have recently (last 2 months) moved from Windows 7 all our work Computers to POP_OS Linux. Learning the new OS is a big big learning curve as I have been using MS Windows since 1997 (Windows 98). So its all a big big learning curve, wanted to shout out to @derpOmattic & @evertiro for all their help. POP_OS It really is by far the most incredible OS I have ever used.

I replace MS OneDrive with SpiderOak

MS Outlook Client with Mail Spring

MS Office Suite with Libre Office and Open Office Suite

Zoom with Skype

Google Chrome with Firefox

Evernote with simplenote

Photoshop Suite & Lightroom with Darktable

Still looking for office solutions on FOSS, and I think open office and libre office should do the trick. Though I cannot seem to get the SUM feature to work and other functions in Libre office.

Does anyone know how to add in the "Do not disturb" plugin switch and CPU performance plugin. I have them in our laptop but not on our desktop for some reason.

Reactions: arturasb

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Hi Benji, and you're formally welcomed to the Pop!_Planet forum. :)

Do Not Disturb should be controlled from GNOME Tweaks. There is a cog menu that enables the icon.
If you're talking about the CPU power state selection that you see on your laptop when you click on the drop down panel menu (top right), It doesn't appear on most desktops.

Reactions: benji

benji

Nov 17, 2019
Hi Benji, and you're formally welcomed to the Pop!_Planet forum. :)

Do Not Disturb should be controlled from GNOME Tweaks. There is a cog menu that enables the icon.
If you're talking about the CPU power state selection that you see on your laptop when you click on the drop down panel menu (top right), It doesn't appear on most desktops.
Thanks a lot @derpOmattic.. actually I'll have to send you a screen shot. I managed to add the world time to the calender bar, but the do not distrurb switch is missing on my desktop whereas the laptop it's there

benji

Nov 17, 2019
Thanks a lot @derpOmattic.. actually I'll have to send you a screen shot. I managed to add the world time to the calender bar, but the do not distrurb switch is missing on my desktop whereas the laptop it's there
Where is the cog actually because I cannot see it anywhere

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knussear