• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Question How to setup custom function (Fn+[key]) bindings?

Jogarijo

Aug 20, 2020
Hi!

I received my brand new Oryx Pro from System76 yesterday, complete with Pop!_OS. I'm a long time user of Ubuntu, so I didn't need too much convincing to try it out, and so far I'm real happy with it. :)

There is only one thing bothering me. I'm French, and I can't live without my AZERTY layout, but System76 only delivers QWERTY keyboards. "Not a big deal", did I think at the time. And thus did I learn something: the key for the "greater than"/"lower than" symbol − in red in the file attached − does not exist on my keyboard. And as a developer I do have a frequent use of these symbols.

I could use an external keyboard, but that's not a satisfactory solution. What I'd really like would be to map those symbols on special keys, BUT I don't want to replace any of the existing keys ('cause I'm French and also annoying).
What I'd really really want would be to bind Fn+Z and Fn+X to those symbols. Just like what this guy did to demo out Pop!_OS, but actually useful. However, I searched and searched and couldn't find a way to do it. I know that firmware flashing is probably involved down the line, and well I have no experience in this, so don't know where to start. :D

Yikes that's a long intro just to ask: How does one create custom Fn+[some key] bindings?

Attachments

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
How does one create custom Fn+[some key] bindings?
Being a System76 machine, the best course would be to create a support ticket and get personal instruction from them. There's always a chance something will break when attempting things like that, so better left to the manufacturer.

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ubu