• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Guide Beginner How to share a screenshot with System76 for support

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
If you need to share a screenshot with System76 support on their official chat and not sure how, follow these steps.

Locate the “Screenshot” program and open it. You can do this one of two ways;

The first is to simply press the super key (Windows key) to reveal the “Activities Overview” and start typing the name of the program you want in the search bar located at the top middle of your screen. When you see “Screenshot” click on it to open.

The second is to press the super key and the 'a' key in quick succession to reveal all the software installed on the machine. Screenshot is located in the Utilities app folder. Click on the Screenshot icon to open it.

OK, now Screenshot is open you will see some very basic options. You can grab the whole screen, the current window or a selection of the screen. The first two are self explanatory, but to grab a selection of the screen select it, and then press the “Take Screenshot” button on the right of the program header bar.

Screenshot_program_window_1.png

The mouse cursor will turn into a cross which you put at a starting point. When you are happy with the placement, click and hold down the left mouse button and drag it to the size you require to include what you want. Once you're happy with the selected area just release the left mouse button, which will automatically take an image and present you with an opportunity to name the file. Click save and Screenshot sends it to your Pictures folder, which is the default unless you have changed that. If you don't like the screen grab you just made click on the back arrow button on the left of the header. Doing so will give you another go at it without saving the previous one. Alternately, you can learn to use the Clipboard function.

Screenshot_program_window_2.png

Log in at System76 live support chat at chat.pop-os.org . You will see a field at the bottom in which you can type your question. To include your screenshot look to the right side of the field for a “paperclip”. Clicking on the paperclip will open a window in which you can navigate to your screenshot.

text_field_with_paperclip.png

After selecting your file, click on Open in the top right corner . You will see your screenshot load in the area below the text field, and when its ready to submit to the chat, press enter or ctl + enter depending on your account setting.

For your own security be aware that it's a public forum. You should avoid posting anything that is sensitive or personal – same goes here at Pop!_Planet.

Done.

Last edited:
Reactions: evertiro

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonzenith