• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

I am not able to delete partitions made from dual booting pop-os with windows

pranav

Apr 11, 2021
I dual booted my laptop with Pop-os(or Ubuntu, as both are similar in most ways since pop is based on ubuntu) and windows. I made the partitions after booting pop-os. Now I want to remove pop-os from my laptop. I deleted the partition that mainly contained root of the OS. But I cant delete the partitions made by Pop. How do I completely remove Pop. The delete option is disabled.
1618165924243.png

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Ubuntu and Pop have completely different boot set up. Ubuntu uses the outdated GRUB chain boot loader, while Pop being more modern uses systemd boot and kernelstub. However, this has little relevance to whatever Windows is doing here. Persoanlly, I would make a live USB of GParted and boot into that. Using an external tool is more powerful, because you are limited to what you can do while actually booted into the OS you want to change partitions on.

Download GParted and burn the live media with Balena Etcher. Boot into the live media, choose all the defaults (it's fine), and do what you want to the drive. When you're done, use the shutdown menu like you would any OS, and then unplug it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awsumatt