• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

I can't flash a Pop!_OS LiveUSB in Windows

breathlessblizzard

Mar 3, 2020
Hi all,

I'm having troubles flashing the 19.10 Nvidia .ISO onto a usb stick. I've tried balenaEtcher and Rufus; each time the flashing process finishes I'm left with a USB that has a 4MB EFI partition and nothing else but empty space.
unknown.png

Once this happens, the stick disappears from the file explorer and I have to go into `cmd` and use `diskpart` to wipe it and fix it. There's no sign of the 2GB of Pop!_OS data that should be there.
I verified that the .ISO sha256 is correct, and I've succesfully used this stick as a liveUSB for Xubuntu when I was troubleshooting. What am I doing wrong?

TeamLinux01

May 5, 2019
Windows may not be reading the ISO file system correctly, so it reports that the ISO is smaller than it actually is.
I see this all the time, I am pretty sure that Windows just hides the ISO9660 partition, so it doesn't show up at all.

I just looked at a USB drive that was written with Pop!_OS 19.10 Intel ISO; it shows the first partition as ISO9660 2.2GB, second partition is EFI 4.2MB and third is Ext4 13GB.
On Windows, it shows a 4 MB then 2.08 GB Unallocated and 12.35 GB Healthy (Primary Partition) partitions.

If balenaEtcher was used to write the ISO to the USB drive, I think it just creates the ISO9660 and EFI partitions, leaves the rest Unallocated; Windows may then combine the ISO9660 and free space together.

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lehjr