• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Incoming Beard Guy

TheJimmyJames

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hey y'all. Just signed up, and already saying hi! Ha! No lurking for me.

I'm Jimmy. Jim. Jimbo. Whatever! I'm not picky. I've started using Pop as my primary OS on everything but my gaming machine and couldn't be happier. I use 90% used hardware and it's a great system for these machines. All of them were top-of-the-line in their day but now they're aging warhorses so squeezing a little extra out of them is really great.

Who knows. One day I might actually get a system76 machine! Until then, my old Thinkpad and Mac mini and the other stuff is just fine.

Reactions: derpOmattic

TheJimmyJames

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2019
Already fixed. I installed Pop on the 128GB SSD, relegating Windows to the 240GB with the game installs.

This is an older quad-Xeon workstation (Thinkstation S20) with 12GB of RAM, and Pop flies on the SSD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knussear