• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Increase the Size of the Top Bar

timauld

Apr 2, 2019
I recently purchased a Galago Pro, which I love. I'd like to increase the size of the Top Bar as I find the size of the font and the icons too small for easy use. I have been Googling and have been playing with the Gnome CSS files, but I can't work out what attributes need to be changed.

Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tim Auld

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Have you tried increasing the value of "height" in the panel section of /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/pop.css?

Code:
/* 
 * Panel *
 */
#panel {
  background-color: #252220;
  font-weight: bold;
  height: 32px;
}

timauld

Apr 2, 2019
Thank you very much for your response. Changing the height in the #panel worked to change the height of the Panel, as you would expect I guess. :) And I worked out how to increase the size of the buttons on the right of the panel (wifi, sound etc). I can't find how to increase the size of the date/time in the middle of the panel or the font size of the Activities and application menus on the left. Any suggestions?

Regards ... Tim.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
I'm not sure, but if I wanted to find that out I'd use my second machine to play around in before I changed my good machine. Maybe you could muck around in a VM or with a live USB. I'd be looking at the font size for appMenu, datemenu and calendar. This is only a suggestion as I haven't done that myself. The alternative would be to wait until one of the devs or someone with advanced Linux use take notice and advise you correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
MrQuinn