• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Beginner Installation freez

Timothy

Jul 7, 2019
Hi everyone

I have a acer aspire es 15. I have partitioned the hdd hlaf for Windows and half for pop os which i am really keen on using but after running the installation 3 times now even with a new iso image it keeps freezing the install on "Finishing the installation (0%)" i have tried googling a solution but no luck finding anything that i could understand to fix this so i was hopeing someone here could help me fix this so i may enjoy pop os. I have added a photo of the last log that it freezes on i hope this helps
1562512276038163945355.jpg

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Reactions: Timothy

Timothy

Jul 7, 2019
Hi. Yes i have been following system76 steps and i have redone most of them but still no luck as of yet i will go throu the list you linked and double check everything and then check all the steps again thank you

Timothy

Jul 7, 2019
Hi. Yes i have been following system76 steps and i have redone most of them but still no luck as of yet i will go throu the list you linked and double check everything and then check all the steps again thank you
I see i missed a question there i have been using balena etcher for the live usb

Timothy

Jul 7, 2019
I have followed the check list and the dule boot guide to the letter and as of now still no luck with the install at all i keep hitting the same screen as before and the whole system freezes up. I need some help

Timothy

Jul 7, 2019
I have even tried rufus and no luck. I have also tried the LTS version and still nothing. Could someone just confirm with me what the size of the partitions should be at minimum and what format thay should be and what all i need as in boot swap and so on just so i can check with somone(i did fallow the dule boot guide im just checking)

Thanks in advance

Timothy

Jul 7, 2019
I have been successful in installation of pop os. Thank you all for your help. Now thats it is installed can i please ask for some help with a timed boot manger please i would like to do it but im really new to all this

Thanks in advance

Timothy

Jul 7, 2019
Sure, but just checking, did you read the thread posted above? I'll isolate the timer post here.
Yes i did. I was successful in getting the timer to work but i dont have a Windows option only pop os

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
What is the Terminal output if you run sudo ls -a /boot/efi/loader/entries ?

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
You want to set a timeout value for the systemd-boot menu? In /boot/efi/loader/loader.conf, you can set `timeout 5` to set the timeout value to 5 seconds.

Reactions: Timothy

Timothy

Jul 7, 2019
You want to set a timeout value for the systemd-boot menu? In /boot/efi/loader/loader.conf, you can set `timeout 5` to set the timeout value to 5 seconds.
I have been successful on the timer part i dont know how to add the Windows boot to the list

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
You can copy the Microsoft directory from Microsoft's EFI partition to Pop's EFI partition, and it will automatically detect it on startup. That said, it's virtually no different from using the motherboard's native EFI boot menu to select between Pop!_OS and Windows Boot Manager at startup.

Timothy

Jul 7, 2019
You can copy the Microsoft directory from Microsoft's EFI partition to Pop's EFI partition, and it will automatically detect it on startup. That said, it's virtually no different from using the motherboard's native EFI boot menu to select between Pop!_OS and Windows Boot Manager at startup.
I might be wrong but but on my laptop the Windows boot partition is in the main partition so i dono what to copy. The other partition says recovery and so on

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Windows creates a 100MB EFI partition which contains a Microsoft directory.

Timothy

Jul 7, 2019
Windows creates a 100MB EFI partition which contains a Microsoft directory.
[QUOT
I found it but how do i get in pop os efi file to past it

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
/boot/efi is where Pop's EFI partition is mounted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8bg