• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Question Issues with laptop charging

Kefyr

Jul 31, 2019
Hello world,

While Pop has generally been working very well for me, I've had this strange issue which I've never had with any other distribution, that is whenever I close the lid to my laptop, it does not recharge. It needs to be open and on to actually recharge. I'm currently using a HP Envy x360 if it helps.

Anybody have any idea why it might be doing this?

Thanks in advance and have a great day :)

justXuX

Mar 29, 2019
Moldova
Run this in Terminal and post output here.
apt list --installed | grep tlp

Kefyr

Jul 31, 2019
Run this in Terminal and post output here.
apt list --installed | grep tlp
Hello and thanks for the reply. It outputs this:

Code:
WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Is that the first time you've run anything with apt?

Using apt or apt-get is a long-time, tried and true, trusted Linux package manager for Debian based operating systems. There is no danger in using it, but as the warning mentions caution should be taken using it with scripts. That is pretty standard advice for all CLI utilities though.

Kefyr

Jul 31, 2019
Is that the first time you've run anything with apt?

Using apt or apt-get is a long-time, tried and true, trusted Linux package manager for Debian based operating systems. There is no danger in using it, but as the warning mentions caution should be taken using it with scripts. That is pretty standard advice for all CLI utilities though.
I'm just repeating what it tells me, and I apologize but I don't know what a CLI utility is.

justXuX

Mar 29, 2019
Moldova
It means you have no tlp installed. I looked into similar issues and didn't found a solution that would work in your case. But you can try those steps:
  1. Install tlp package and reboot: Open terminal and type sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade && sudo apt update && sudo apt install tlp then reboot and see if the problem persists. Post back.

Kefyr

Jul 31, 2019
It means you have no tlp installed. I looked into similar issues and didn't found a solution that would work in your case. But you can try those steps:
  1. Install tlp package and reboot: Open terminal and type sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade && sudo apt update && sudo apt install tlp then reboot and see if the problem persists. Post back.
Thank you for your help. I'll check it out.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
I'm just repeating what it tells me, and I apologize but I don't know what a CLI utility is.
No need to apologize, in fact, I should have realized and clarified a little more for you. CLI is "Command Line Interface", which is basically terminal. A little CLI will go a very long way with Linux. If you want you can learn a little Bash here.

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shroomster