• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Question Beginner Solved Keyboard stops working after a while

Sonnuvagun

Jul 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

Today I installed the pop os, the version with the proprietary nvidia drivers(have a 1050ti). Everything seems to be fine so far except the keyboard. It will suddenly stop working, and I have to unplug and plug it back in to get it working again. And this pretty much keeps going on. The keyboard is fine because I have windows 10 installed on a separate drive and no issues there. I looked up online, followed through some posts, did some updates but nothing has changed so far. When I type lsusb the keyboard shows up as Holtek Semiconductor, Inc. USB-HID Keyboard, originally anne pro 2. It has two fn keys to compensate for the missing keys but those even work in bios so I don't think it could be a problem. I've basically exhausted all my knowledge of linux, I'm a beginner and this is my first distro, and would be glad if you could help.
I guess it's worth mentioning that the mouse is working at all times, wifi is good, ethernet speed is showing 3-4mbps lower than windows, ethernet connection otherwise is good. Spotify's sound quality is the same as far as I can tell but on browser the sound has some echo and is a bit jittery, still very much audible but also not perfect.

Specs:
Mobo: Strix b450-i
CPU: r7 2700x
RAM: 32gb 3200mhz, tested the ram with mem test before having installed, it passed.

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alur222