• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Logitech F710 gamepad suddenly stopped working [v20.04]

dcoll

Oct 19, 2020
Running Pop!_OS v20.04 and I reckon an update over the past few days or so has cause my F710 gamepad to stop working. I figure it is a recent update that has caused this problem because it is suddenly happening on multiple (updated) Pop!_OS 20.04 systems and multiple F710's.

When testing with jstest-gtk, I can see that it still detects my gamepad being present. But absolutely no input is detected.

Any ideas?? Thanks!

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Does it have the recovery partiton? or "old kern" to boot into? Nice if old kern works, then you can select it as the boot option. If you have a recovery, you can refresh install to the last state. You may have to install apps, but your user configs and personal items in $HOME are safe.

dcoll

Oct 19, 2020
Does it have the recovery partiton? or "old kern" to boot into? Nice if old kern works, then you can select it as the boot option. If you have a recovery, you can refresh install to the last state. You may have to install apps, but your user configs and personal items in $HOME are safe.
Thanks! I did submit a bug report for Pop on Github. I'm not sure I want to refresh install just to (possibly) get a working gamepad. But, maybe I could test the old kernel on one machine to see if I can narrow it down to the kernel. Please forgive my ignorance, but how can I boot into "old kern" temporarily?

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
To get to Pop's boot options, spam the space bar during boot, or after decryption if you have an encrypted disk. You should see the systemd boot menu. Just select the old kern and enter.

dcoll

Oct 19, 2020
To get to Pop's boot options, spam the space bar during boot, or after decryption if you have an encrypted disk. You should see the systemd boot menu. Just select the old kern and enter.
Well, learn something new every day. The space spamming gave me that boot menu (which I had never seen before). I selected "old kern" but the gamepad problem persists. Maybe I should give it a few weeks to see if the Pop devs address the issue in a future update. Or any other ideas (that is not a refresh installation)?

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
If you're game, you could try and revert the kernel to an older one. Or, if the gamepad got updates, you may need to get a newer one. It would be quite a learning curve if you haven't done it, but here is how you do that properly.

dcoll

Oct 19, 2020
If you're game, you could try and revert the kernel to an older one. Or, if the gamepad got updates, you may need to get a newer one. It would be quite a learning curve if you haven't done it, but here is how you do that properly.
Thanks, I'll wait a bit to see if it gets fixed with an update. Then reevaluate from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nazar2sfive