• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Need help with drop down lists

gorp

Sep 27, 2019
Howdy fellas,
I installed PopOS about an hour ago. I have a little bit of experience with Ubuntu but I've mostly used Windows my entire life.
Anyway, I'm having a problem. Whenever I click a drop down menu in the OS the drop down list will appear for a moment and immediately close. It will only stay open if I hold left-click. I don't know if this is intended but it's incredibly annoying for me as Windows does not behave this way.
Is there anyway to allow a drop down menu to remain open without holding down left click?
Thanks

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Hi gorp. That is not normal behavior and to be honest, I've never heard of that particular problem. I'm going to leave it for a dev to answer. Maybe they've encountered that.

gorp

Sep 27, 2019
I'm still encountering this problem and would really appreciate help.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Hi gorp, your problem seems very specific and may be caused by your hardware or possibly your mouse. I've asked around and nobody has heard of Pop doing that before. You might want to experiment with mouse settings or try a different mouse and see if t still occurs.

gorp

Sep 27, 2019
Hi gorp, your problem seems very specific and may be caused by your hardware or possibly your mouse. I've asked around and nobody has heard of Pop doing that before. You might want to experiment with mouse settings or try a different mouse and see if t still occurs.
I very much doubt that as I have run Ubuntu on a separate computer before and have encountered the same problem.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
I did a bit more looking for you and found that this issue is mainly a problem with Windows. All I could really find for Ubuntu is this thread. I was thinking it was either GNOME settings or a GNOME extension and that thread suggests that. What extensions have you installed?

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reclusivescavenger