• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

New article: Tuning the encryption!

Gnuserland

Jul 2, 2019
write.snopyta.org
I continue my series on POP!, today I wrote how unlocking the second disk "automagically" with a key instead of a password!

Check this out!

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
No problem. Your writing is intelligible and intelligent so we get the message, but as a suggestion you may want to engage an editor if you want a professional polish on your pieces. I'm assuming, hopefully correctly, that English isn't your first language. An editor could help with grammar and make it a little easier to read in English by proof reading. That is not a complaint by the way, just a suggestion if you're worried about spelling and the like.

Gnuserland

Jul 2, 2019
write.snopyta.org
Even if I live in the US I am not a native English, by the way I don't have any presumption to write professional articles in English, I am just sharing my experience trying to write in English the best I can, in the very few spare time I have... ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarryPEthan