• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

New Pop!_OS icons.

MikeStutzzzz

Mar 10, 2019
YayNay

Current

New

Current

New

Current
New

Current

New

isantop

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 20, 2018
Best place to note an issue with those is with the upstream project bug tracker. We won't be including icons for 3rd party applications.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
I've installed version 2 of the test icons and I feel the Home directory icons look a bit easier on the eye. Making the white symbols smaller in relation to the icon is notably nicer than the last version.

The other two changes I noticed are Power Statistics and Startup Applications.

Are these candidates?

isantop

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 20, 2018
I've installed version 2 of the test icons and I feel the Home directory icons look a bit easier on the eye. Making the white symbols smaller in relation to the icon is notably nicer than the last version.

View attachment 193

The other two changes I noticed are Power Statistics and Startup Applications.

View attachment 194
View attachment 195

Are these candidates?
I think the only difference with your folder icons is the scale. At 48px the overlays are the same size as on the 32px icons (in order to keep things from getting blurry). I don't think the folder icons changed at all (though that's good feedback, as I can use that to help make them as good looking as possible).

Those two icons are candidates for those applications.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Those two icons are candidates for those applications.
I'd be happy with them, but I prefer the current round ones. I realize there are reasons not to use them, but just saying.

I think the only difference with your folder icons is the scale
I didn't change anything between the original, first and second version icons, and didn't change any settings on the desktop or Nautilus. I'm not saying the scale hasn't changed, but I didn't do it.

isantop

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 20, 2018
Settings (and other category-type icons) get the square border with the new theme.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
I have confidence that you will provide a set that works in with everything. I guess whoever doesn't like them can get a set of icons to replace them. There are numerous icons sets on sites like Gnome-look if someone is so opposed to the supplied set.

stratact

Founding Member
Dec 18, 2018
Los Angeles
Ian, I was given the 2.0.0 deb package to try the new theme. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the art and theme direction with this. It just doesn't have that pastel Pop color feel like the older one which gave it the pleasing look and fun joyful UX. If possible, I would like for Pop!_OS to provided the option to keep the old version along with the new.

Reactions: ramdal

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryHTX