• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

News on the GNOME 3.32 release.

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Though it should be noted more clearly that the fractional scaling support is only for Wayland. We'll still be shipping X11 as the default option for quite some time, especially for NVIDIA systems. If you only have Intel/AMD graphics, you can try out Wayland, but expect bugs for some drivers and applications.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
If nothing else, at least GNOME is consistent. Making changes for the desktop that most distros aren't utilizing yet, which encourages them to comply or get left behind seems to be their M.O. My anticipation for this one change was massive! Something other than 100 or 200% has been necessary for years. I'll just go and mope a bit now... And wait for Wayland to come to Pop. ;)

Last edited:

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Wayland's there for Pop. The main issue is that NVIDIA refuses to support the API which all vendors are supporting. Although there's been some work to get GNOME Wayland running on NVIDIA's proprietary API, so with some luck you may be using Wayland with the proprietary drivers soon.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
It's all good and, I thought as much. You guys are on the ball keeping Pop up to date with tech. I'm actually glad you don't release anything before it has been thoroughly tested. I remember being so frustrated by Fedora's implementation that I swapped to MATE for a while.
So that brings me to another question. What happens with dual chipset computers in regard to Wayland working with Intel but not NVIDIA?

Vince

Mar 17, 2019
Wayland is still quite buggy. I plug in external monitors a lot with my laptop after booting and it crashes pop os every time I try to connect to a monitor. X11 doesn't have this issue. But x11 cant handle monitors with different resolution and screen size.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
cloudtoad