• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Old doing some new

sudorm-rf

May 4, 2019
Dallas,TX
graynixer.github.io
Hello,

So I've been a Linux user since the late 90s. Started with Slackware, then moved onto those 7 CD box sets of SUSE you could buy in the local bookstore. Now that I think of it, i've bough Redhat in the bookstore also.

Journey forward, 10 years in the Army and 4 kids later and I'm a geezer now. I've mainly only been a user all these years. Now as I slowly approach my 50's I am looking to get more involved. Even career change to something in the linux sphere. So I am getting more hands on and will motivate myself lot learn Vala, Rust, Python or something on the code side.

I currently reside in the Dallas area and do Sales for a small IT company/MSP (Windows Land :() But what can ya do.

I chose Pop!_OS for a few reasons.
1. My main machine is an older Galago
2. Like I said, looking to get into the industry...all the major players are using Gnome
3. This is the first distro I could actually bear using Gnome in..

Before this I was an i3 user and i'm still actually on the Archlabs team.

So I will end my babble.

Cheers,
Tim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knussear