• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Solved Peek doesn't work properly while tiling ... EDIT: But Kazam works!

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
I tried to record some on screen thingies but found out that peek doesn't like tiling ... yes it does start, but cannot be found anywhere at least I can't.

What to do? What comes next?

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Peek is working fine for me with auto tiling. It opens as a floating window. You can see the active hint in my screenshot. However, it didn't launch where I thought it would. The first thing I would try is turning on the active hint and restarting shell with Alt + F2, then rand enter.
Screenshot from 2020-09-13 07-39-08.png

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
Doesn't work for me ...

And this is on my Oryx with the all latest thingies ...

A thing about tiling ... is there plan to make it workspace specific at some point? It would be nice to have some tiling and another ones not ... Also tile-layouts would be nice to save ...

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Custom tile layouts were definitely a part of the roadmap. Whether they eventuate is another story. Right now, they're getting the stacking branch ready for the master. Along with that, I understand there are some changes to the way Pop Shell interacts with workspaces. After that we might get custom layouts, but I'm not sure.

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
I uninstalled the .deb and installed flatpak, but still no change in behavious. It seems that Peek starts up, but is nowhere to find.

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
So much goes by with that journalctl one cannot make anything out of it.

But I found out that peek is running, even it cannot be found.

Code:
$ ps aux|grep -i peek
xoxo     2957362  0.0  0.0   3504   652 ?        S    00:07   0:00 bwrap --args 31 /app/bin/peek --gapplication-service
xoxo     2957371  0.0  0.0   3768  1268 ?        S    00:07   0:00 bwrap --args 31 /app/bin/peek --gapplication-service
xoxo     2957372  0.3  0.1 209320 43548 ?        Sl   00:07   0:01 /app/bin/peek --gapplication-service
xoxo     2958404  0.0  0.0  18668   740 pts/3    S+   00:12   0:00 grep -i peek
$
This has been like this after I made fresh install with the latest ... Rather interesting, eh?

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
I fixed this!

Blew up peek to millions of pieces and installed Kazam, which works very well.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Good to know. Things like this happen now and then with software. If you were to try the next version of Peek, whatever was going on there would probably be fixed. It was working fine for me though. 🤷

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpian555