• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Please post all relevant information when you request assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

evertiro

Keymaster
Developer
Founding Member
Nov 21, 2018
Denver, CO
evertiro.com
If you need help with something, please ensure you post all relevant information in your initial request. There's no need to drag out the issue because you didn't post a simple log entry if that's all that was actually needed to solve your problem.

Describe your issue as efficiently as possible. Saying "It doesn't work!!!" doesn't tell us anything, and likely won't get you any help. If you have an actual error message, please post it verbatim. Vague interpretations don't get us anywhere, and the exact wording is usually pretty important.

If you are responding to someone's request for help, please don't take wild guesses. If you have a reasonable suspicion as to the cause of an issue, post it. Don't post a solution based on something sort of similar you experienced two years ago with a completely different version of Pop!_OS (or a completely different distro).

Useful sources of information

• Full output of the command you ran (please don't cherry-pick just what you think is relevant)
  • Log files (/var/log is a good place to start looking)
  • Any relevant configuration files
  • Specifics as to the version of Pop!_OS you are running, and the version of the application causing issues
  • Output of dmesg (if the problem occurs during boot)
If you are posting a large log file or config, please don't paste it directly in your post. This results in unreadable garbage that complicates life for everyone. Pastebins are awesome for this. There's a little tool available in the repos that makes posting configs/logs to the Ubuntu pastebin trivial. Simply install pastebinit and pipe the output through it.

Code:
dmesg | pastebinit
Code:
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | pastebinit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members