• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Question Pop!_os 20.04 on old Thinkpad R60e...

mad4linux

May 7, 2020
Hello!!
I was running 19.10 on my old "friend"... and decided to do the upgrade. Everything went smooth, however, 2 things, although not important, but I still consider a flaw in my installation.
1) Gdm login/lock screen doesn't have the blur effect of the wallpaper. I think this is a new thing since ubuntu 20.04, not sure if this is only on my machine (it has intel 945 gpu). Not sure if it can be fixed???

2) The keyboard shortcut SUPER+/ doesn't work either...

Can someone please provide help?

Thanks

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
I had some trouble with an older pc too. Unfortunately, I think this is going to happen more often as System76 forge ahead with cutting edge machines.

I didn't have trouble with the blur. Not sure about that, but will keep my eye out.
The super + / for Pop-shell interaction can be effected by different keyboard set ups / languages etc. Or did you have super + / doing another function before and it's changed now because Pop-Shell uses it?

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarryPEthan