• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Question Solved Pop!_os installs just fine, but after removing flash drive, will not boot

drek95

Sep 6, 2019
Hi there,

I've been trying for a while to install Pop on my Lenovo X1 Carbon (clean install, not dual-booting), and I keep running into the same issue. I am able to download the ISO, write it to a flash drive using Etcher, and install it with no issues. But when I restart the machine and remove the flash drive, I arrive at the Boot Menu. "Pop!_OS 19.04" is listed at the top of the boot list, but if I hit enter to select it, nothing happens. I've tried: (i) installing both the intel/amd version and Nvidia version; (ii) turning off secure boot; and (iii) rebooting multiple times, but nothing has worked.

Thanks for any help, in advance.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Have you checked if 'Fast Boot' is disabled?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8bg