• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Question Beginner Pop OS 19.04 installer not showing my hard drive

Grinch_

Aug 30, 2019
Rajshahi,Bangladesh
Hi,
I wanted to install Pop OS.When I came across the drive selection screen,there was nothing,but disks & gparted both seem to recognize my drives.

Screenshot from 2019-08-30 02-25-43.png

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
You're using a custom install. In detail, how did you mount / root, /boot/efi and /swap? You seem to be missing /boot/efi. You should have a 512MB FAT32 EFI partition to mount /boot/efi.
The reason you can see what you have in Disks and Gparted is that it is their job to find and manipulate partitions, but the installer won't proceed because it hasn't got what it needs yet.

TeamLinux01

May 5, 2019
I noticed that the partition is MBR. Are you booting via UEFI or legacy mode?
I would think legacy mode, at which point doesn't Pop!_OS not use /boot/efi and installs grub instead of kernelstub?

Grinch_

Aug 30, 2019
Rajshahi,Bangladesh
Sorry for being late, I've switched to GPT & it worked. But am facing an issue with the Nvidia iso but intel/AMD one works fine

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
On the rare occasion you may have to use the Intel ISO and add the system76-nvidia-driver later. I've only seen that a couple of times, but it could be a possible solution for you.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8bg