• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Pop shop control

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
I've noticed on one desktop something from the system leaking out of the Openvpn config and connecting with my ISP's IP. The next time it happens I'll take note and see where it goes. Some time ago I had a similar thing happen in Fedora and tracked it down to GNOME Software, the Fedora software shop attempting to auto update. I'm very diligent and keep the machine updated manually so I'd rather stop that behaviour. I'm wondering if it is the same with the Pop Shop so I'd like to be able to gain control over it using systemctl if that is possible. The commands that worked in Fedora are sudo systemctl [option] dnf-makecache.service and sudo systemctl [option] dnf-makecache.timer. Is there a Pop!_OS specific way of achieving the same?
I'll do some research and see if I can pin it down because I would consider that another GNOME bug that is a security concern. It doesn't happen on my laptop using Wifi with Openvpn.

Last edited:

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
GNOME Software and elementary AppCenter both use PackageKit for updating and installing packages.

Last edited:

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Cool, thanks. I wasn't sure. I'll see if that is the culprit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reclusivescavenger