• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Question Solved Pop_OS! 20.04 could not install...

patrickmlima

Jun 27, 2020
I've been trying to install Pop_OS! 20.04 some weeks ago and I always got the same error... I don't know what exactly is going wrong. I check the iso image before the installation and everything looked ok. I'm posting here the last line in the installer.log (the whole log is attached). I hope someone could help me because I really want to work with Pop_OS!.

[INFO distinst:src/installer/state.rs:33] starting extracting step
[INFO distinst:src/installer/mod.rs:411] Extracting /cdrom/casper_pop-os_20.04_amd64_intel_debug_21/filesystem.squashfs
[DEBUG distinst:crates/squashfs/src/lib.rs:166] "unsquashfs" "-f" "-d" "/tmp/distinst.kE2vMCrry41g" "/cdrom/casper_pop-os_20.04_amd64_intel_debug_21/filesystem.squashfs"
[ERROR distinst:src/installer/state.rs:37] extracting error: archive extraction failed with status: exit code: 1
[ERROR distinst:src/installer/mod.rs:298] errored while installing system: archive extraction failed with status: exit code: 1
[INFO distinst:ffi/src/installer.rs:188] Install error: archive extraction failed with status: exit code: 1

My computer is a Dell Optiplex 3070 micro:
Intel® Core™ i3-8100T CPU @ 3.10GHz × 4
8 GB RAM

Attachments

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Did you see this article?

The error indicates the burn is corrupt.
What program did you use to create the Live USB?? Etcher or Rufus?

For good measure, have you disabled secure boot and fast boot in BIOS?

patrickmlima

Jun 27, 2020
I used Etcher...

I tried with two different flash cards and got the same error...
I guess my secure boot is disabled, but I'll take a look again.

patrickmlima

Jun 27, 2020
I'm using a micro sd in a USB adapter. It generally works with other distros like Linux Lite or Solus...

P_20200627_162821.jpg

Last edited:

patrickmlima

Jun 27, 2020
I was worried my HD had a badblocks problem. I checked with the command "badblocks -sv -c 1024 /dev/sda" and it returned zero badblocks...

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Do you have a regular USB stick you could try?

Although some people have had success with with them, I've seen the SD and SSD cards cause problems before. Maybe the fact it's coming through a reader is something Pop doesn't like. Something is making your image corrupt, and if it isn't the image, then that is the obvious to try first.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denis_vasconcelos