• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Post Your Rig

Tom F

May 17, 2019
Installed Pop 18.10 2 months ago on my MSI GS63VR 6RF.
My windows 10 pro installation was okay but I always wanted to have a good Linux distro installed.
Disabled secure boot as required, installed without issues.
Booted directly with the Nvidia GTX 1060 which amazed me very much!
No other linux distro works on my machine because other distro's try to boot on the Nvidia card while I also have the Intel one and then causes kernel panic.
Pop! Does it great with their power management.
The only issue I have is the screen tearing while on desktop with Nvidia.
Found some software that gets my RGB keyboard light working.
I also have Thunderbolt 3 and I have an eGPU with a GTX 1070 but I did not get it working yet (didn't try much).
I upgraded to 19.04 without problems but found a big mess to the "new" icon theme.
Found this site and applied the classic theme.
One big plus is that since Pop! is installed, I didn't use an external mouse.
The trackpad on the MSI GS63VR is so bad on windows... SO BAD.
It's a joy to use my trackpad on Pop!_OS.
As a last note, I found out that my iPhone's apps can be accessed from Pop!_OS.
I can browse my apps that are allowed to share files. Even Windows can't do that without iTunes...

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
As a last note, I found out that my iPhone's apps can be accessed from Pop!_OS.
I can browse my apps that are allowed to share files. Even Windows can't do that without iTunes...
Wow, now that is interesting.

LactobacillusPrime

May 25, 2019
Pop!_OS 19.04
Memory 16Gb DDR3
Gigabyte mini ATX motherboard
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz × 8
GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
240Gb Kingston SSD
1 TB x 2 HDD 7200RPM Samsung drives
49" Samsung C49HG90 Ultra wide display

The system boots fine with the GTX 750Ti but doesn't seem to like a GTX950 or GT 1050

Last edited:

TheJimmyJames

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2019
If we're posting neofetch...

Pop! on a Macintosh! :D

Last edited:

TheJimmyJames

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2019
Is that the same Mac mini as before? https://pop-planet.info/forums/threads/post-your-rig.31/#post-241 . Any changes or improvements?
It is. I upgraded it to 16GB of RAM lately and that improved performance. I decided to to a fresh install as well, and not sure what caused it, but Wayland is far better than it used to be. It used to have a choppy mouse arrow and animations would stutter. Now it's buttery smooth!

Not sure if it's improvements to Wayland or the RAM...

TheJimmyJames

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2019
I'm certain both are playing a part. I had a look in Wayland, but I quit quick smart because Alacritty was behaving horribly.
I'd like to give Alacritty a try actually. I'm just having trouble configuring my typefaces on it. I'm a Terminus man.

jeff-from-dubbo

May 16, 2019
Acer Aprire with AMD A12 chipset and a Radeon RX gpu, 8gig of ram and 2 ssd 1 is 128 gig that has my boot and root on it and a 500gig ssd with my home on it.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Acer Aprire with AMD A12 chipset and a Radeon RX gpu, 8gig of ram and 2 ssd 1 is 128 gig that has my boot and root on it and a 500gig ssd with my home on it.
How has that performed? Any issues or smooth sailing?

TheJimmyJames

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2019
It is ok on pop os LTS but freezes on 19.04.
Have you tried 18.04 LTS? Sometimes if the newer releases are wonky, the LTS versions can give you the stability you seek. They lack the "up-to-dateness" but they can give you better solidity.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8bg