• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Prevent the monitor from turning off when locked and concerning the initial login screen

uraeus

Jul 30, 2020
Juiz de Fora, Brazil
Hey guys, I have two questions:

1 - Does anyone know if it is possible to configure the system so that, when the screen locks up, the monitor remains on (and showing the login screen)?

2 - Does anyone know if there is a safe way to configure the system so that, after the boot (with the computer really turned off before), it shows the initial login screen with a background image instead of that gray background?

Thanks a lot!

Arethusa

Jul 25, 2020
Hey Uraeus,

1 - You can adjust the blank screen timer in power settings:
1596077121232.png

2 - Do you have gnome tweaks already? Here is an extension that can fix #2:

Last edited:

uraeus

Jul 30, 2020
Juiz de Fora, Brazil
Hey Uraeus,

1 - You can adjust the blank screen timer in power settings:
View attachment 611

2 - Do you have gnome tweaks already? Here is an extension that can fix #2:

Hey, @Arethusa
Thanks for your help, but unfortunately none of your suggestions worked.

1 - Changed only the blur effect of the lock screen. It did nothing on the initial system login screen (what I want to change is the gray background of the screen when the computer is turned off and we turn it on).

2 - The blank screen is already disabled in this power setting, but even so, when I lock the screen, the monitor goes black almost instantly and only shows something if I move the mouse or press any key (and even then, it is dark again after a few seconds of no activity).

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alur222