• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Pro Audio Pop!

ayoungethan

Jun 19, 2019
Hi folks,

I just bought a Darter Pro which I use primarily for writing and pro audio work. As per:

as per
I figure Pop!_Planet might be a great place to share what I've learned about optimizing Pop!_OS for pro audio (low latency) work, and perhaps contribute some viable suggestions to the OS roadmap to improve the "out of the box" experience for others.

I have been with Ubuntu linux and various related derivatives since 2009, when my Dell XPS m1330 suffered from Windows Vista cannibalizing itself. I was already running Open Office, and I decided to take a deep dive into FLOSS on the OS level. I have been in over my head ever since, and remain very excited about the collaborative and performance potentials that open source software and related community structure provides.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you are interested in collaborating on improving the low latency desktop experience for Pop!_OS users

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Welcome aboard! I'm going to do a bit of research about the things you've mentioned. Thanks.

ayoungethan

Jun 19, 2019
Thanks! Would love to know what you have found...I have most of my stuff organized and will start posting it shortly.

UPDATE: still waiting on ability to edit the wiki

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shroomster