• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Question Beginner Problemns with upgrade to 21.04

vitorhpmelo

Feb 4, 2021
Hi,

Today I upgraded to the 21.04 Cosmic version, but I faced some issues, first, the settings app wouldn't open, which I was able to solve by tipping this at the Terminal:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libpop_upgrade_gtk.so.1 /usr/lib/libpop_upgrade_gtk.so.0
Another issue was with the pop-boot, which doesn't seem to be correctly installed, when I try to install it ran to the following error:
Bash:
Setting up pop-boot (3.1.4~1623173088~21.04~afe27ca) ...
Setting up pop-boot (3.1.4~1623173088~21.04~afe27ca) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/pop-boot.postinst: line 5: splash: command not found
kernelstub.Config    : INFO     Looking for configuration...
kernelstub.Drive     : ERROR    Could not find a block device for the a partitio
n. This is a critical error and we cannot continue.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/kernelstub/drive.py", line 56, in __init_
_
    self.esp_fs = self.get_part_dev(self.esp_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/kernelstub/drive.py", line 94, in get_par
t_dev
    raise NoBlockDevError('Couldn\'t find the block device for %s' % path)
kernelstub.drive.NoBlockDevError: Couldn't find the block device for /boot/efi
Failed to check file system type of "/boot/efi": No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing package pop-boot (--configure):
 installed pop-boot package post-installation script subprocess returned error e
xit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 pop-boot
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
This error seems to be affect some apps installation like the WPS office

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ducky