• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Happy New Year!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Qodem would be nice addition ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
Anyone else feels for Qodem to be added into Pop!_Shop?

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
For it to be in the Pop!_Shop it would need to be added to the Pop repo, then appropriate AppStream metadata made for it and implemented. I'd be happy to create the Appstream metadata if the devs find merit in adding Qodem to the repo.

Reactions: FlipChip

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
Let's see how this turns out.

While I'm at it ... this novelty item would be another cool thingie. Nothing but for nostalgia's sake for us oldfchks ...

EDIT:

Well why not for the youngsters out there who would like to get the feel it was back in the days ...

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
Just intalled Qodem on my other laptop that is Manjaro infected. Can be found from AUR and it's sweet. Did just quick test to determine that it works and was pleased to get the proper 90's feeling again ...

Reactions: derpOmattic

ParanoidNemo

Mar 1, 2020
With the pop community repo in progress it could be added there maybe. Like is in AUR for arch/Manjaro.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Adding anything to the community repo will make packages available to install via apt, but in order for it to appear in the Pop!_Shop, it would need to be added to Pop's repo. Just saying. :)

ParanoidNemo

Mar 1, 2020
Adding anything to the community repo will make packages available to install via apt, but in order for it to appear in the Pop!_Shop, it would need to be added to Pop's repo. Just saying. :)
Yes, but it will be a centralised place where user can put their stuff (not directly maintained from system76) and will be just one more repo. ;)

ParanoidNemo

Mar 1, 2020
I'm all for it. It's a great idea, but I mentioned that because the original request was for the Pop!_Shop.
You are absolutely right. Just proposing a maybe less "invasive" possibility in case the interest in adding it into the Pop!_Shop wasn't viable.

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
You can find all the actual info in a pinned thread under the Announcement category. ;)
And you could stop thinking that others cannot manage without you ...

If you have something real to add into discussion, please do so. But this kind of null-comments are irrelevant and unnecessary noise.

Thank you very much!

evertiro

Keymaster
Developer
Founding Member
Nov 21, 2018
Denver, CO
evertiro.com
Just a quick note. This thread was locked due to the off-track and inflammatory direction the thread was heading. That said...

@FlipChip Qodem is abandoned by its developer, which makes it very unlikely we'll see it in the official repos unless someone else takes over. However... it's a prime candidate for the PCR!

Reactions: FlipChip
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamate