• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

[SOLVED] pop-default-settings error: lsb_release not found

johhnry

Dec 10, 2019
Hi,

I recently updated to Pop!_OS 21.04 and I have some package dependencies errors with libboost. In order to fix them, I ran the following command with apt-get:

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install -f                                                                                                              josephhenry@pop-os
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  gcc-10-base:i386 gnome-shell-extension-alt-tab-raise-first-window gnome-shell-extension-always-show-workspaces gnome-shell-extension-pop-shop-details
  libboost-atomic-dev libboost-atomic1.71.0 libboost-chrono-dev libboost-chrono1.71.0 libboost-container-dev libboost-container1.71.0 libboost-context-dev
  libboost-context1.71.0 libboost-coroutine-dev libboost-coroutine1.71.0 libboost-date-time-dev libboost-date-time1.71.0 libboost-exception-dev
  libboost-fiber-dev libboost-fiber1.71.0 libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-graph-dev libboost-graph-parallel-dev libboost-graph-parallel1.71.0
  libboost-graph1.71.0 libboost-iostreams-dev libboost-locale-dev libboost-locale1.71.0 libboost-log-dev libboost-log1.71.0 libboost-math-dev
  libboost-math1.71.0 libboost-mpi-dev libboost-mpi-python1.71.0 libboost-mpi1.71.0 libboost-numpy-dev libboost-numpy1.71.0 libboost-program-options-dev
  libboost-program-options1.71.0 libboost-random-dev libboost-random1.71.0 libboost-regex-dev libboost-regex1.71.0 libboost-serialization-dev
  libboost-serialization1.71.0 libboost-stacktrace-dev libboost-stacktrace1.71.0 libboost-system-dev libboost-system1.71.0 libboost-test-dev
  libboost-test1.71.0 libboost-thread-dev libboost-thread1.71.0 libboost-timer-dev libboost-timer1.71.0 libboost-tools-dev libboost-type-erasure-dev
  libboost-type-erasure1.71.0 libboost-wave-dev libboost-wave1.71.0 libgles2-mesa-dev libgphoto2-l10n libisl22 libjuh-java libjurt-java
  liblibreoffice-java liborcus-0.15-0 liborcus-parser-0.15-0 libpgm-5.2-0 libphonenumber7 libpython3.8-dev libre2-8 libridl-java libsensors4-dev
  libunoloader-java libwacom-bin mpi-default-bin node-jquery python3.8-dev ure-java
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following additional packages will be installed:
  libboost-atomic-dev libboost-chrono-dev libboost-container-dev libboost-container1.74-dev libboost-container1.74.0 libboost-context-dev
  libboost-date-time-dev libboost-dev libboost-exception-dev libboost-exception1.74-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-iostreams-dev
  libboost-iostreams1.74-dev libboost-locale-dev libboost-locale1.74-dev libboost-math-dev libboost-math1.74-dev libboost-math1.74.0
  libboost-program-options-dev libboost-program-options1.74-dev libboost-program-options1.74.0 libboost-random-dev libboost-random1.74-dev
  libboost-random1.74.0 libboost-regex-dev libboost-serialization-dev libboost-stacktrace-dev libboost-stacktrace1.74-dev libboost-stacktrace1.74.0
  libboost-system-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-thread-dev libboost-type-erasure-dev libboost-type-erasure1.74-dev libboost-type-erasure1.74.0
  libboost-wave-dev libboost-wave1.74-dev libboost-wave1.74.0
Suggested packages:
  libboost-doc
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libboost-container1.71-dev libboost-exception1.71-dev libboost-iostreams1.71-dev libboost-locale1.71-dev libboost-math1.71-dev
  libboost-program-options1.71-dev libboost-random1.71-dev libboost-stacktrace1.71-dev libboost-type-erasure1.71-dev libboost-wave1.71-dev
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libboost-container1.74-dev libboost-container1.74.0 libboost-exception1.74-dev libboost-iostreams1.74-dev libboost-locale1.74-dev libboost-math1.74-dev
  libboost-math1.74.0 libboost-program-options1.74-dev libboost-program-options1.74.0 libboost-random1.74-dev libboost-random1.74.0
  libboost-stacktrace1.74-dev libboost-stacktrace1.74.0 libboost-type-erasure1.74-dev libboost-type-erasure1.74.0 libboost-wave1.74-dev
  libboost-wave1.74.0
The following packages will be upgraded:
  libboost-atomic-dev libboost-chrono-dev libboost-container-dev libboost-context-dev libboost-date-time-dev libboost-dev libboost-exception-dev
  libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-iostreams-dev libboost-locale-dev libboost-math-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-random-dev libboost-regex-dev
  libboost-serialization-dev libboost-stacktrace-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-thread-dev libboost-type-erasure-dev libboost-wave-dev
21 upgraded, 17 newly installed, 10 to remove and 986 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/5 538 kB of archives.
After this operation, 12,0 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Extracting templates from packages: 100%
Setting up pop-default-settings (5.0.0~1624981545~21.04~38927e0) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/pop-default-settings.postinst: line 72: lsb_release: command not found
dpkg: error processing package pop-default-settings (--configure):
installed pop-default-settings package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 127
Errors were encountered while processing:
pop-default-settings
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
The issue is that the post install script uses the lsb_release command which is not present on my system (I wonder why because it used to work in previous pop versions). I can't install it because using apt again will show me the same dependencies errors.

I submitted the issue on the default-settings repository on GitHub: https://github.com/pop-os/default-settings/issues/117 (not sure if it was the right place thought ;))

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Joseph

johhnry

Dec 10, 2019
Never mind I fixed it because I did not remember I modified the lsb_release file and made a backup of it. The shebang was not correct so I put #!/usr/bin/python3 -Es to be python3 compatible and it fixed it!

Reactions: derpOmattic

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ducky