• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Happy New Year!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Question unable to edit wiki

ayoungethan

Jun 19, 2019
Hi folks,

I just tried to start putting information into the pro audio wiki page, but keep running into this error message:

Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.

You might have been logged out. Please verify that you're still logged in and try again. If it still does not work, try logging out and logging back in, and check that your browser allows cookies from this site.
I wonder if it has to do with me logging in via Github? The wiki software does not seem to be honoring my login. I also tried logging out unsuccessfully via the sidebar. It said it logged me out, but when I clicked "log in" it said I was already logged in. The only way I could log out and log back in is via the top bar.

ayoungethan

Jun 19, 2019
I have content ready to go as soon as I have the capacity to edit, but no worries and no hurries, I really appreciate your help and all the work you have done putting together this community resource!!

ayoungethan

Jun 19, 2019
I also can't edit the "discussion" part of the wiki, either. I am at a loss as to why! Any troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated.

ayoungethan

Jun 19, 2019
I just realized I hadn't tried with an alternative browser (was using Firefox). I just tried Chromium, and encountered the exact same problem.

evertiro

Keymaster
Developer
Founding Member
Nov 21, 2018
Denver, CO
evertiro.com
Believe it or not... that's not a you issue! The wiki integration is still pretty experimental, and isn't working 100% as I'd like yet. Notably, I have to jump through a few hoops to get it to recognize users correctly. I'm actively working on sorting out the issues... please be patient, I've got to work around my... work schedule, and things are a bit hectic this month in my life.

ayoungethan

Jun 19, 2019
Ok, thanks for the update! Let me know if I can be helpful, and I appreciate your work in putting all this stuff together :)

ayoungethan

Jun 19, 2019
The problem persists...! I will try to post some of the research I have done to the forum in the mean time, if that is appropriate?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ektaynot