• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Updating Geary

GrouchyGaijin

Jan 16, 2021
Hi Folks,

I am running a Gazelle from System76 with Pop_OS 20.04.

The machine came with Geary already installed. I like Geary, but there are a few things that one cannot do in this version of the application. For example it does not seem possible to add new labels to classify email messages.

After reading several posts online it seems this issue has been fixed in version 40.

Geary version 40 is available as a Flatpak . My question is how can I update to Geary 40 on Pop 20.04? I have Flatpak capability installed, but evidently not the latest version. Furthermore it seems that updating to the most current version of Flatpak is not an option under Pop 20.04.

When I run

Code:
 sudo apt install gnome-software-plugin-flatpak
I get this error message:

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gnome-software-plugin-flatpak : Depends: gnome-software (= 3.36.1-0ubuntu0.20.04.0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
My question is, is there a way to update to the newest version of Geary without upgrading my entire system - I am not sure even if moving to the latest non-LTS version of Pop_OS would solve the issue.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
To update Flatpak and all flatpaks, run flatpak update.
If you think you need to repair the Flatpak environment, run flatpak repair.
When everything is up to date, you can clean up with flatpak uninstall --unused.
To see what versions you have, run flatpak list.

For more information on working with Flatpak, see here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nazar2sfive