• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Question Upgrade to 19.04 they said, it's now ok they said ...

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
After the upgrade settings thingie seems to be broken. Won't start.

Tried to search for solution found nothing ...

What to do?

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
From a terminal, if you have all updates installed, including `pop-desktop`, you should be fine.

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
From the terminal what?

Everything worked just fine before I made this upgrade. If that upgrade removed my pop-desktop that was installed why it did that?

EDIT: as it seems that pop-desktop was indeed not installed anymore. What kind of upgrade is that then what uninstalls stuff?

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
I know it doesn't answer the question, but I've only seen that happen a couple times with 19.04. It seems more prevalent on either exotic hardware or heavily modified installations. Was your upgrade problem fixed with reinstalling pop-desktop?

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
It seems more prevalent on either exotic hardware or heavily modified installations. Was your upgrade problem fixed with reinstalling pop-desktop?
I'm talking about Oryx Pro I bought about year ago and no it's not heavily modified. I'm too old to hevily modify things I need to get use to get things done, you know ...

Yes. After installing pop-desktop it's ok.

mmstick

System76 Staff
Founding Member
Dec 15, 2018
Denver, Colorado
It gets removed if you happen to uninstall any of the software that comes installed by default on Pop. There are a few exceptions, namely Geary, Firefox, and LibreOffice.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
@mmstick, the newer images make sure that pop-desktop is installed before the upgrade proceeds doesn't it? That was a manual step until recently right?

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
It gets removed if you happen to uninstall any of the software that comes installed by default on Pop. There are a few exceptions, namely Geary, Firefox, and LibreOffice.
Dunno. Everything worked before upgrade. Noticed this after the upgrade when was fooling around with bluetooth things. And no settings loaded and so ...

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
Yet another thing ...

Something is not right with VLC player or something after upgrade. If I start to watch in full screen (as I did some time ago) whole playback is jerky. This wasn't the case before the upgrade.

Some changes with something due the intels leaky gut?

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weltknoten