• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Question Intermediate Solved USB things not working, but are detected.(but everything works if plugged in before booting)

tusqasi

May 5, 2020
When I plug anything USB after booting into POP-OS , it is detected but doesn't work. Like a USB drive will show up in lsusb like commands but not in file manager, mouse when plugged in will show up in lsusb command but not work when moved.

And it is weird(and its also the problem), that everything works if plugged before booting.(hard drive shows up in file manager, mouse moves)

NOTE : all these things worked just fine (years back) when I had slax-os and also in windows (that dumb thing)

PS : I tried many things nothing works .There isn't anything with same problem anywhere.

PPS : I think this is some hot plug issue(I think!)

please help I installed pop-os 3 time now.
#about system
pop os 19.10 (team green,yeah nvidia one)

tusqasi

May 5, 2020
Maybe this can help.

Edit: Just now saw someone with a similar problem say;
I don't know what the f...ing hell happened today. the freaking m.....f...ing mouse is working .
I think updates did this
sorry anybody if it took a lot of your time.
Thanks. derpOmattic(I might use that script you pointed out)

Last edited:

tusqasi

May 5, 2020
I did a
Bash:
sudo apt full-upgrade
this might have solved it, beware though it takes a long time (to any body reading this )

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarryPEthan