• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.

Question We have been to the moon and back. So why can't I stop my mouse from pasting on middle click reliably?

MostHated

Apr 18, 2019
I have tried using Gnome Tweak, it doesn't do anything, nor did xinput for some reason. I don't know what is going on but I don't like it and it needs to change. Can we please just get a native way to stop from pasting with middle click, please?

It doesn't seem to matter if it's on or off, it still pastes anyways.

(Peek doesn't record the mouse cursor when making a gif, my bad)

Thanks,
-MH

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
Hey MH, have you had any progress or news on this issue (from elsewhere or personally)?

MostHated

Apr 18, 2019
Unfortunately not. The closest I have come was finding this, https://github.com/libratbag/piper unfortunately though, my specific mouse has had a long list of compatibility issues. It might work for others, though.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
OK, what will you do, persevere or new mouse? Piper looks useful btw.

MostHated

Apr 18, 2019
It definitely can be, from what I have seen other people say. The guy who made it said he can disable a few advanced features for my mouse and it will make it work (like dpi adjustment, and other things I don't really need), so we will see if he ever gets around to that. Otherwise, I might just get a new mouse that is fully compatible either with linux, or that application.

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
The guy who made it said he can disable a few advanced features for my mouse and it will make it work
I hope that happens. Why pay for a new mouse if it can be made to work! Sometimes proprietary hardware just won't work with Linux, but it's nice when it does, right!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reclusivescavenger