• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

What kind of Pi are you baking?

SteveM

Aug 24, 2019
Beaverton, OR
Yah, I watched both of those but when you go to the manufacturer webpage and the places where you can order it there isn't a lot of clarity on just how to fit and power 3 or 4 3.5" drives. I suppose I could get some USB hubs and powered USB to SATA adapters, but what a mess that would be. I'll keep my eye on it and see if it looks viable.

ParanoidNemo

Mar 1, 2020
Pi 4 Model B here used almost exclusively as a PBX for home. Also to minimize the power consumption when downloading/sharing files on the home network.

Reactions: derpOmattic

404usrnmntfnd

Feb 7, 2020
Saint Paul MN
tinyurl.com
Just baked a Pop Pi
1929A1B4-60D1-4D2B-B578-AB1C6C68DA37.jpeg
B1CC048B-8F60-4DC5-91FD-2BAEC7CAAA4D.jpeg

I installed the Gnome desktop (With Dash To Dock) on Ubuntu MATE. Then added the Pop!_OS PPA and installed the full theme. It runs surprisingly well on a Pi 3 (With animations turned off in certain places of course)

Reactions: derpOmattic

Members online

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poiseman